The mission of Broward Community Charters & Discovery Middle is to demonstrate the heights of academic achievement that students can routinely attain when the advantages of charter school governance are coupled with ambitious academic standards and proven curricula and instructional methods.
Our vision is to create a successfully operated, visual arts focused, K-8 school that is nationally recognized for academic excellence, teacher contributions, and parent involvement.
"Teamwork Makes the Dream Work - Reaching Every Child!"
- Students learn in different ways and should be provided a variety of approaches where they are actively engaged in the learning process.
- Cultural diversity can increase students' understanding and appreciation of different peoples and cultures.
- Students need to apply their learning to meaningful contexts where they are involved in problem solving and producing quality work.
- The community, parents, administrators, teachers and students share the responsibility for implementing the schools' mission.
- A safe environment promotes student learning.
- Students' self-esteem is enhanced by positive relationships and mutual respect where they are treated as valued individuals with unique physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs.
- Integrate school-wide Title 1 Program requirements.